The Long Beach Merchants Association sponsors several fun events throughout the year! Be sure to visit us for these events and more —
- Long Beach Razor Clam Festival A celebration of the local razor clam population. Mid-April, depending on annual tide schedule.
- Sandsations Sand sculpture displays, demonstrations, and more. Mid July.
- Jake the Alligator Man’s Birthday An annual celebration of one of Long Beach’s quirky mascots, Jake the Alligator Man, including live music, shows, food and drink. Early August.
- Cache Dash Splash Discover hidden treasure and local history with your smart phone or GPS. Mid September.
- Holidays at the Beach A wonderful way to bring in the holiday season with visits from Santa, mermaids, family-friendly activities, and new this year, a Jingle Bell Run. Thanksgiving weekend.
In addition to these sponsored events, you’ll find something fun to do here almost every week of the year, along with our beautiful beaches and State Parks to explore, a world-class federal wildlife sanctuary, lighthouses, museums, unique shops, and plenty of great places to eat! Book a weekend stay and enjoy The World’s Longest Beach any time of the year. The Long Beach Peninsula Visitor Center is a great place to start your adventure!