December 1, 2018
The wondrous display takes place at the Port of Ilwaco.
Check out local businesses and shop the Saturday Christmas Market at the Port along the Port for your chance to meet Santa and have a merry good time!
That same afternoon, Ilwaco will finish decorating and gather to light its one-of-a-kind Crab Pot Christmas Tree at 5:00 pm. Public participation is encouraged.
Ilwaco’s Crab Pot Christmas Tree event is a uniquely Ilwaco tradition. The lighting of the Crab Pot Christmas Tree and world’s shortest fireworks display is at 5pm (on the dot) with Crabby Caroling around the tree.
O Crabpot Tree, O Crabpot Tree
Your catch it does delight us.
Not in the balmy summertime,
But the windy winter is thy prime.
O Crabpot Tree, O Crabpot tree,
Your catch it does delight us!
After the lighting, participating businesses will be open along the waterfront at the Port of Ilwaco. Annual traditions for after the lighting include:
- Find Santa Claus at Time Enough Books
- Grab a cup of hot chocolate and some cookies at Don Nisbett Art Gallery
- Get your face painted at Purly Shell Fiber Arts
- See the talented Ilwaco High School Jazz Band
- Salt Hotel and Pub will be open for your pleasure
- Stop by RiversZen Yoga’s open house for treats
- Don’t miss the festive lights and holiday display at Coho Charters at the east end of the port, on the street side.
PHOTOS: TANGLY COTTAGE GARDENING